Sunday, March 14, 2010

spring at workshop!



here it comes! As the weather begins to thaw, and the sun peaks out again, the city of Chicago begins to come alive! I am so excited for the summer! I have so many plans for workshop and how to make it the sweetest little shop on the south side. I have a bunch of new pieces from local designers and other conscientious designers around the country. Abigail Glaum-Lathbury who happens to be another Alum of SAIC is a very talented designer with a really unique perspective on patterning. Her innovative cuts tend to create sculptural effects with fabric while flattering the form. She is a lovely gal, and I am pleased as punch to have a nice assortment of her spring collection available at workshop.



Another exciting addition to workshop's lineup: the airy and romantic pieces by my gal Kee Edwards of Loup Charmant. Kee describes the pieces as "lounge wear" whether contimplating the light-as-air dresses or the adorable bloomers, I definitely day dream about lounging somewhere near the sea in these gorgeous organic cotton bits...



I have also been scouring the nooks and crannies to find cool vintage jewelry to sell along with the clothing (accessorizing is half the battle)- and have lots of cool sterling silver earrings, wooden beaded necklaces, and other unexpected finds like a slew of woven leather belts!


trays of sterling silver vintage jewelry findings....


woven leather belts- already broken in!

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog and am so excited to learn about you and your beautiful work! I'm moving to Chicago from NYC in a couple of weeks and will definitely be stopping by workshop for some new spring pieces :)

    ReplyDelete